Alison has been involved in the Financial Services industry in Bermuda, Cayman and the British Virgin Islands for over 25 years. She has worked as a part of multi-national firms and has extensive experience in Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) regulations, Risk Management, Policy Development, Corporate Governance, Training, and Operational Compliance. Alison has developed and implemented policies and procedures to meet operational and regulatory requirements for multiple firms and is proficient in Risk and Compliance operations and project management. Alison began her career in the Corporate Trust Division of HSBC Bermuda (formerly The Bank of Bermuda Limited), and just prior to launching Oyster Consulting (Bermuda) Ltd, she was the Senior Vice President of Risk & Compliance at Citi Hedge Fund Services, Ltd.
- Acted as Money Laundering Reporting Officer for two licensed Bermuda entities providing extensive knowledge and best practices related to AML rules and regulations in Bermuda, Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands
- Development and implementation of global AML policies and procedures to ensure regulatory and operational compliance in multiple locations
- Development and implementation of AML Training Programs for licensed entities in Bermuda
- Served as primary liaison between the Bermuda Monetary Authority and all corporate business units
- Risk assessment and gap analysis for financial services companies
- Development and implementation of Compliance Programs for Registered Investment Advisers in the United States
- Acting as independent director
- Providing guidance and advice on the implications of introduction of FATCA reporting requirements and implementation of a compliance program to impacted entities
- Senior Vice President of Risk & Compliance with Citi Hedge Fund Services Ltd
- Vice President, Risk & Compliance, Citi Hedge Fund Services Ltd
- Assistant Vice President, Compliance Officer, The Bank of Bermuda, Limited
- Training Specialist, The Bank of Bermuda, Limited
- Officer/Supervisor/Assistant Supervisor, Corporate Trust Division, The Bank of Bermuda, Limited
Education, Accolades and Affiliations
- “A” Levels – Law & Economics, Anglia Ruskin University
- Executive Member of the Association of Bermuda Compliance Officers
- Co-Chair of the Fund Administrator’s Sub Committee in Bermuda
- Member of Bermuda Business Development Agency Asset Management Working Group
- Member of the Institute of Risk Management Bermuda Regional
Articles, Interviews and Presentations
HFM Week’s Special Report, Bermuda, 2017 – Panelist – July, 2017
“100 Women in Finance Gala Benefits Bermuda’s Centre Against Abuse” Alison Morrison Co-Chair and quoted – Royal Gazette, Bermuda, June 22, 2017
“I Want to Give Women a hand Up the Ladder” – Alison Morrison featured – Royal Gazette, Bermuda, March 7, 2017
Opalesque Bermuda Roundtable – Alison Morrison, December, 2016
Oyster’s Alison Morrison Interview with Asset TV: Bringing Business to Bermuda – Blog post, November 7, 2016
Oyster Consulting (Bermuda) Managing Director Alison Morrison Gives Interview for HFMWeek Online – Blog Post, June 16, 2015
“Gibbons: Drive to lure asset managers can drum up jobs” – Alison Morrison (quoted) – Royal Gazette, Bermuda
AI Magazine September 2015 (Oyster Consulting) – Interview for “Bermuda: Poised for Economic Recovery,” Acquisition International Magazine, September 2015.
HFMBermuda2015 – Interview, HFMWeek Online – Special Report Bermuda 2015
Influential Women of Bermuda, Bermuda Reinsurance Magazine – Special Report, Interview, August, 2015.
Interview with Hub Culture’s Stan Stalnaker at 2015 Global Forum, July 2015. Having trouble viewing the video? Copy and paste the URL into your web browser: http://https://youtu.be/XRK1fEGvwh8.