As regulatory scrutiny increases around “key man” risk, experts agree that a Succession Plan for your firm not only makes financial sense, but is an extension of your overall duty and responsibility to your clients. The loss of a key company executive such as the CFO without a Succession Plan will dramatically impact services to your clients. You have spent a lot of time, training, and resources building a business that has value. Why not have a plan that preserves and protects that value?
To effectively implement a Succession Plan, your firm should consider the following questions:
- What are the principal areas which require continuity and the development of key
staff within your firm?
- What is the long-term direction of your firm?
- Does your firm have an effective strategic plan that can be used or utilized to guide its course and direction?
- Have all stakeholders bought into the importance, need and value of a Succession Plan?
During the Succession Planning process, Oyster will:
- Provide an in-depth review and analysis to ascertain to what extent, if any, does your firm have in place a Succession Plan
- Outline options and develop a roadmap in support of the Succession Plan
- Create the required tactical plans and procedures to support the Succession Plan
- Implement a plan that allows for a smooth client experience
The Oyster Difference
Oyster has the expertise and industry contacts to assist you in transitioning your practice through all the necessary evolutionary stages, including when the time is appropriate, downsizing your involvement, or the sale of your practice. Our professionals have years of industry experience and can quickly assess the appropriate next steps and timing most appropriate for you and your clients. Oyster will not only provide your firm with recommendations, but will help you execute those recommendations associated with the approved Succession Plan.