Chiara is a U.S. attorney with 8 years of experience in finance, regulation, and corporate law, particularly in the areas of corporate governance, investment management law, operations and project/change management. She has experience in both the legal and business sides of several large U.S.-based asset managers. Chiara also has experience with U.S. financial services regulators, including the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
- Oversaw asset manager’s active public non-traded investment vehicles
- Planned, formed and launched new investment vehicles and product development pipeline
- Worked with in-house, U.S. and Bermuda counsels to draft and update corporate governance materials and regulatory filings
- Primary point of contact for Board materials, meetings and communications for 6 investment vehicles.
- Prepared and reviewed materials in response to BMA inquiries/audits
- Managed the formation of asset manager’s captive insurance company and FHLB borrowing program
- Researched and planned for high-level corporate initiatives strategy for impending U.S. DOL regulations
- Fund valuations
- Strong legal research and writing skills
- Delivered operational change during merger in which legacy OTC derivatives trading platform was integrated into other firm’s infrastructure. Drafted global process flows, models, testing hypotheticals, business requirements and client service descriptions for project implementation.
- Economic research in alternative energy and environment sectors for investment strategy team
- Founder, Chairwoman and President, iMS Foundation, Inc., Miami, Florida
- Associate, Alternative Investments, Colony NorthStar, Hamilton, Bermuda
- Analyst/Project Manager, Global Derivatives, JP Morgan & Co., New York, NY
- Law Clerk, Bureau of Competition and Bureau of Consumer Protection, U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), New York, NY
- Legal Intern, Division of Enforcement, U.S. Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), New York, NY
- Legal Intern, Division of Enforcement, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, New York, NY
- Law Clerk, Office of the General Counsel Oppenheimer & Co., Inc., New York, NY
Education, Publications and Affiliations
- U.S. Bar Admissions: New York State Bar, First Department; New Jersey State Bar
- J.D., Seton Hall University, School of Law, Newark, NJ
- B.A., New York University, New York, NY
- HFM Bermuda 2018 – The Shifting Nature of Corporate Governance – June, 2018