Ian Mutch is a specialist professional in Risk and Compliance, with 20 years of global experience in the banking, insurance, foreign exchange, and payment solutions sectors. Ian’s experience also includes business continuity planning, data privacy, cybersecurity and technology audit expertise.
- Developing and implementing Risk and Compliance Frameworks across local and global organisations
- Building and managing risk and security teams in banking, corporate foreign exchange, and global payments businesses
- Delivering risk, compliance, and control assessments, and testing programs
- Managing Business Continuity programs including plan development, reviews, updates, and testing
- Developing and managing Cyber Risk and Information Security programs
- Designing and implementing Financial Crime Mitigation programs, including policies and procedures
- Preparing a global bank’s annual Capital Assessment and Risk profile (CARP) submission to the Bermuda Monetary Authority (BMA)
- Group Head of Operational Risk, Bank of Butterfield, Hamilton, Bermuda
- Group Head of Risk, MoneyCorp, London, UK
- Global Head of Risk, Western Union Business Solutions (WUBS), London, UK
- Global Transaction Services Risk – Risk Manager, Royal Bank of Scotland, London, UK
- Risk Management & Information Security – IT Security and Audit, Churchill Insurance, London, UK
- Technology Audit Resolution Manager, Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, London, UK
Education, Publications and Affiliations
- ACAMS Virtual Currency and Blockchain Certificate
- Chartered Institute of Internal Audit – UK and Ireland: Certification in Computer Audit Theory
- Chartered Institute of Bankers Scotland (CIOBS) member
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information Systems, Napier University, Edinburgh, UK
- B.A. (Honours) in Business Studies, Napier University, Edinburgh, UK
- Outsourcing Eases the Pressure of Regulatory Compliance, Global Fund Media Special Report – Bermuda Fund Services 2018, April 2018.
- Blockchain Technology – Transforming Business Activities – Oyster Blog, June 7, 2018.